Sunday, February 19, 2012

Running in Avalon with my girls

This morning I ran with some of my best buds in Avalon Park- Amber, Leslie, and Becky. It felt like a reunion since it has been what seems like forever since we've seen each other. We all trained together last fall for Miami 70.3 (along with Keren and Nick) so this was just like old times. (see pics below from our Miami 70.3 race on 10/30/11). We normally run at 6:30am on Sunday's leaving from the field in AP but we were exhausted from staying up so late the night before for Leslie's birthday party. We pushed it back and instead met at 8:30. The run was great except for the very beginning when my left knee started to hurt. Luckily after a mile it went away. I ran mainly with Leslie (aka TRImom of 5 b/c she has 5 kids) talking about almost everything you could think of.... crazy work stories, working out, injuries, and of course (and mainly) boys. Ahh. Nothing is better than a good heart to heart talk on a long run. Afterwards I went to church with Amber and then had lunch and watched the most recent Breaking Dawn movie with Amber and Leslie. What a great day!

 
Above: Before we left for Miami we had a carbo load dinner at Amber's. L to R: Amber, me, Leslie, Nick, Becky

Below: At the expo picking up our packets. We thought it'd be funny to pretend like we were doing our favorite leg of the race. L to R: Keren, Leslie, me, Nick, Amber, Becky
We finished! L to R: me, Amber, Becky, Keren

Today's workout:
7 miles in zone 2
Actual: 6.47 miles
Time: 1:12
Pace: 11:09/mile
Avg HR: 148
Total Calories Burnt: 658

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad to know you had as much fun as I did although, after my 5k on saturday followed by our run, I am so sore!!

    ReplyDelete