Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Brick, work, then Tubby time

Do you ever have those nights where you go to bed and it feels like 5 minutes later your alarm goes off and it's time to get up already? Well that was me this morning.

We met at the LN YMCA at 5:30 to start a brick.... run then bike on the trainers. Part of the run was in zone 2. I have come to terms that I cannot run in zone 2. Either my heart beats too fast or I just cannot run at a 20 mile pace because I'm moving so slow I could fall over at any minute.

After practice today I was so tired that I took a 20 minute nap. Sorry work, but my hair will not be curled today. :) I am starting to feel like all I do is go, go, go. Tonight has already been designated as "Tubby Time"... AKA sit on the couch and do nothing.

Today's workout: run/bike brick

Run:
Warmup 5 minutes in zone 2
Main set: 4 sets of (1 minute hard; 4 minutes zone 2)
Easy 5 minutes

Total run: 3 miles

Bike:
Warmup 5 minutes in zone 2
Main set: 6 sets of (1 minute hard; 4 minutes zone 2)
Easy 5 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment