Saturday, March 17, 2012

Running with Little T

I woke up today still discouraged about my bike. I also got bad news yesterday about the house I'm trying to buy. I'm not sure what the deal is but I feel like this bad streak has got to turn soon.

This morning I ran 8 miles in zone 2. The team met at the LN YMCA at 7am. Lots of people showed up. I ran with Little T most of the time. We had a good talk. It was more like she was my therapist as I vented about all this craziness going on. Haha. :) We had some good laughs too. Thank goodness for her. I definitely  needed a pick-me-up today.

On another note, I am beginning to realize some patterns when I do long runs. When I run my heart rate shoots up really high in the beginning (170 or higher). No matter how fast I run it is really high in the beginning. However, after 15-20 minutes my heart rate goes down to 150 or even below zone 2. Even after 20 minutes I can run pretty fast with a low heart rate. I hope this means I'm doing something right! :)

Today's workout: 8 mile run in zone 2
(I had my HR monitor on for most of it but not all...)
HR monitor stats:
Total distance: 7.14 miles
Total time: 1:17
Avg pace: 10:55
Avg HR: 147
Total Calories burnt: 738

No comments:

Post a Comment