Saturday, April 21, 2012

What a great day!

Today we were supposed to swim at Lucky's (3 crossing = 3,000 yards) then run for 90 minutes. Lucky for me the weather was supposed to not cooperate. There was a 60% chance of t-storms this morning so practice was canceled. When I found this out I went back to bed. (Even thought it was hard to sleep because I had already slept 8 hours... but I did manage to sleep another 2!) I can't remember the last Saturday I got to sleep in!! I woke up starving... almost dizzy and weak. So I knew I needed a good breakfast. So I cooked some good ole pancakes and turkey bacon. It was amazing. :)

Around 10:30am the weather looked ok so I went to the Y and swam 3,000. (6x500 to be exact... alternating pulling and swimming). Gator Bait was there. He showed up to life weights and came by the pool. He threw cold water on me while I was doing a flip turn. Boy did that freak me out.... and it was COLD!! :) Afterwards I went home and took an ice bath. When I got out I was so cold that I put on my fleece pants to warm up. When you do that, does that cancel out the ice bath? I hope not. :)

I am really starting to get worried about my hip. It was throbbing last night as I layed in bed doing nothing. I've decided that I am going to start taking my vitamins everyday (I was slacking for a while- BAD!), start up my PT in my living room again, start taking naproxen religiously, ice everyday, and do an icebath as much as possible. I was reading online about my hip last night. I read how sometimes you need your bursa to be aspirated. I wonder if I need that. It mentioned that sometimes they do that at the same time they are giving a cortisone shot. Hmm. What do you think about that Mom? I've never heard of that being aspirated. Have you seen that at work?

Tonight is hibachi & sushi with the girls, then movie night. Yay. I am so excited. :)

On another note, I saw this video. It is hilarious. Maybe Tubby isn't so fat afterall.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/​news/article-2133018/​Meow-40-POUND-cat.html



No comments:

Post a Comment